Life Defined

Friday, June 3, 2011

SoonerCon 2011 and Updates

Good Evening!

       Today marks the opening of SoonerCon. Never before have I attended; tomorrow shall be my first day! I'm not entirely sure what to expect, but I greatly look forward to the event! In particular, I have my eye set on the Art Exhibit. Darrell K. Sweet - SoonerCon guest of honor - will have some of his work on display at the Exhibit, as he is a reputable cover artist for fantasy and science fiction works! His art has graced novels by authors such as: Stephen Donaldson, L. E. Modesitt, Jr., David Farland, and Piers Anthony. Examples of Mr. Sweet's art can be found here: http://www.sweetartwork.com/

      Now for an update:

      Earlier this week, I received a copy of the publishing contract (signed and notarized on the publisher's end). Therefore, on Tuesday, (the last day of May... My! how the year is going by so quickly!) I sent my manuscipt to my wonderful editor for review. I shall keep everyone posted as the information is returned to me.
      I can certainly say 'tis an exciting time in my life! (Graduation behind me, college in the fall, and publishing in the works).



   Quote of the day:

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."   --Anton Chekhov

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative